Kansas City-area homeowners trust the Roofing Man to install the highest quality shingles with the highest quality workmanship.
In June 2013, Overland Park homeowners on 121st Terrace chose the Roofing Man to install Timberline ArmorShield II shingles from GAF on their roof, in the Barkwood color.
The GAF corporation takes great pride in their testing procedures for shingle quality, constantly improving their manufacturing process based on evolving tests for durability and performance under extreme conditions.
With icy Kansas City winters; windy, stormy springs; and long, hot dry summers, the shingles you choose for your Kansas City roof must be ready to stand up to the challenge.
GAF Advanced Protection Shingles are tested using a new test – the AC438. According to GAF’s product documentation:
AC438 is the first set of tests for shingles that uses advanced science to predict long-term shingle performance in three critical areas:
- Long-term durability: How your shingles perform after long-term exposure to the sun (the #1 enemy of your shingles).
- Wind-driven rain performance: How your shingles will stand up to heavy, driving rains.
- Long-term extreme-temperature resistance: How your shingles withstand extreme temperatures—like the cold of winter in Montana or the heat of summer in Arizona.
The Roofing Man is proud to use GAF products, and all of GAF’s shingles have passed the requirements of AC438.
“GAF is the first shingle manufacturer whose shingles pass these torturous tests.”
What about the environmental impacts?
The Roofing Man and many of our Overland Park roofing customers are concerned about the environmental impacts of their roofing project and other materials that they use in home improvement and maintenance projects. Environmental responsibility plays a role in many home improvement decisions, such as choosing energy-efficient appliances, and ensuring your home is optimally weather-proofed.
According to the manufacturer, GAF’s Advanced Protection Shingles meet a number of environmentally-responsible criteria, including:
- Eliminate the unnecessary waste of natural resources, because they use less asphalt and limestone
- Reduce transportation waste, because they are weight-optimized to minimize fuel use
- Result in less landfill waste, when the shingles are eventually replaced
- Can be recycled to benefit the environment. Used asphalt shingles have traditionally not been recycled—they’ve just been thrown into landfills. That’s why GAF supports a new recycling program—that will allow our contractors to recycle old shingles for re-use in roadways!
(Source: Information about GAF Advanced Protection Shingles from GAF.com)
To learn more about Kansas City roofing or to receive a free quote, contact the Roofing Man via our online contact form, or call use 913-381-2940 for a free consultation.
Kansas City roofing expert Chris Hosch is not only certified by GAF and CertainTeed, two of the most respected roofing manufacturers, he also has over two decades of experience in Kansas City roofing, and has owned The Roofing Man, Inc., based in Gardner, KS since 1996. You know you’re in good hands when you choose a Kansas City roofer with a long history in the area.